February 26, 2010 // Posted by: qwcdirect // Category: Computers & Laptops
Many electronic devices as well as equipment such as the CPU (Central Processing Unit) of the computer work at a given optimum temperature. A rapid increase in the heat as well as a rapid decrease in the temperature can cause severe damage which my ultimately ruin the functioning ability of the electronic device.
The CPU is every vulnerable when it comes to heat exposure. It incorporates a fan that helps cool down the processor, a device that controls the speed of the computer. A system to monitor the temperature the whole CPU in general is essential. This has led to the introduction of CPU temperature monitor software.
The software is pre-configured to work with sensors placed on the motherboard that control the fan which is the cooling system. The fans hence attempt to control the amount of heat reaching the CPU by detecting the immediate environmental conditions thereby making sure that your computer doesn’t malfunction from overheating.
Comments Off on Importance of a CPU temperature monitor software
// Add Comment
February 22, 2010 // Posted by: qwcdirect // Category: Web & Internet
Network Attached Storage (NAS) describes the complete storage system designed for traditional data network attachment. The NAS servers mainly support CIFS (Common-Internet-File-System) and NFS (Network-File-System).
NAS unit is a self contained computer in a network with the task of offering file based data storage services to other network devices where the storage devices can be reached over the computer network rather than through a direct computer.
NAS is the hard disk storage system which includes the RAID configuration which has got its own LAN IP address and hence not attached to department computers and forwarding the applications to network workstation users. NAS consists of software for file locations configurations and mappings to network attached devices.
The devices are accessed directly because they have IP addresses and do not compete for resources. Also with different servers containing different operating systems, there is the centralization of backup, management and storage which provides a seamless flow of resources through a network.
Comments Off on NAS Description
// Add Comment
February 18, 2010 // Posted by: qwcdirect // Category: Web & Internet
Google’s phonebook can find US public business and residential numbers, and it can find them with less information than you need to look through the paper phonebook. Google’s phonebook can only find public phone numbers. It can’t find cell numbers. All you have to do is:
1. Enter the phone number in the search bar of Google’s home page, including the area code. Verify the number. Hit the “Search” button.
2. Wait for the search result. Look for the name and address that is associated to the phone number to be shown on the screen.
3. When Google finds the name and address matching a phone number, it will also give you a handy link to Google Maps to get driving directions to that address.
This might look like a tool designed for stalkers, but Google is just putting together information already available from local phone directories and Internet phonebook searches. If you don’t want Google to list your name and number, you can search for your own phone number and click on the “Request to have your name removed from this list” link in the search results.
Comments Off on Using Google Phonebook
// Add Comment
February 14, 2010 // Posted by: qwcdirect // Category: Softwares
• CPU Meter Gadget -There are two dials- one that tracks your system’s CPU usage and another that tracks physical memory usage, in percentage format.
• DriveInfo Gadget – It monitors the free space available on one or more of your PC’s hard drives. Displays free space in both GB and percentage.
• Xirrus Wi-Fi Monitor Gadget – You can see available wireless network connections; verify wireless coverage, and lots more in a unique interface.
• Margu-NotebookInfo2 Gadget – The gadget has a funny name but it is serious about packing a lot of system monitoring into a single gadget. You can track system uptime, CPU and RAM use, wireless network strength, battery level, and much more.
• iPhone Battery Gadget – The battery indicator is an excellent knock-off of the glowing battery level indicator on the iPhone and looks great on the desktop. You can also mimic an antique meter, a Duracell battery, among other cool things.
Comments Off on Top 5 Windows Gadget for Windows Vista
// Add Comment
February 10, 2010 // Posted by: qwcdirect // Category: Gadgets
With every passing day the internet marketing situation is getting increasingly difficult. Now that more and more number of people are getting used to Internet and beginning their business, there is great competition everywhere. So with such high competition, online marketers are bound to use Internet to promote their product. And when it comes to promotions, there is no better platform than using Google gadgets in web marketing.
So if you want to add a little more flavor to your website without going with the requirement of spending thousands of dollars in the process of developing applications of your own, then you must have a look at the Free Gadgets by Google. These are small applications which are extremely appealing, like weather globes, clocks, media players and numerous others. They help in enhancing the interactivity level of your website.
So using Google gadgets in web marketing is not only cost effective but it also has a number of other benefits.
Comments Off on Using Google gadgets in web marketing
// Add Comment